Subject: [Kde-pim] Phabricator Project Setup
From: Volker Krause <[email-masked]>
To: KDEPIM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:31:38 +0200
List-Id: KDE PIM <kde-pim.kde.org>

Hi,

I've talked to Ben, the current Phabricator test setup would actually be 
usable for "production" use for task/project management for us, without 
causing the sysadmins unreasonable trouble when migrating to the full 
production deployment of Phabricator eventually.

Phabricator project layout it orthogonal to repo layout, so we can structure 
this however we want. Among other teams I see at least the following layouts:
- single project for everything
- a project per release
- a project per component/module (ie. close to the repo layout)

How do we want to structure this?

I would start with a single project to not fragment this too much, as we have 
a relatively small team actually looking into this, so everyone is looking at 
most sub-projects anyway. And should we eventually hit scaling limits, we can 
always expand this I think.

We of course should also talk about what we actually want to put in there. My 
current motivation is having a place to collect the tasks for getting more of 
the former pimlibs into KF5, and anything else I run into on the way there 
that we eventually should clean up/improve.

regards,
Volker
_______________________________________________
KDE PIM mailing list [email-masked]
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-pim
KDE PIM home page at http://pim.kde.org/